This post on DIY Laundry Room Renovation on a Budget: Before & Design Inspo may contain affiliate links. This means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure.
Are you tired of your cramped and outdated laundry room? A DIY laundry room makeover is the perfect solution to upgrade your space without breaking the bank. In this blog post, I am going to break down how I am turning my “laundry room” which is technically just a washer & dryer in the garage into its own custom space! Keep reading to get some inspiration on some simple upgrades you can make too to transform your laundry room with a before and after makeover on a budget!
A Look at the Before…
First, let’s take a look at the before and after of our small laundry space in the garage.This space was cramped and cluttered, with no real dedicated storage or room. It was located at the back of the garage. So I had to walk through the whole house, through the kitchen and then through all of our old junk to get to the washer & dryer.The garage was also unfinished and had just random old cabinets thrown in there along with holes in the walls, pipes & electrical everywhere. It was definitely an eye sore.
So that is the before from shortly after we moved in. It was desperately in need of a quick and simple upgrade since it wasn’t on the top of the priority list or in the budget for a complete make over.
Here are the temporary no-cost updates:
First, I went through with all left over materials I already had:
- took all of the old stuff out of the wall
- patched the holes
- skimmed over with some of the left over joint compound I had from another project to smooth out some of the walls
- painted the existing cabinets with some uh-oh paint from Home Depot
- Added some handles to the cabinents
After a few easy updates:
Laundry Room Design Inspo
Well now it is two years later and we are officially ready to tackle the DIY Laundry Room Renovation on a Budget: Before & Design Inspo. So here is the plan, the space will no longer be just part of the garage it will be close off to create an actual laundry room! It will now have access to the half-bathroom in the master bedroom which will make doing laundry much more accessible. In addition to closing the space off, the washer and dryer will be stacked, the floor will be tiles, the counters and cabinets refreshed, adding floating shelves, and shiplap paneling for the walls! The most exciting part of this project though is a SINK! Specifically, we are adding the Ruvati epiGranite Drop-In 23.5-in x 20-in Midnight Black Granite Sink, which is not only gorgeous but durable!
As a mom of three, laundry is a huge part of my daily routine. Blowouts, potty training stains, spit up all things that I have been dying to have a sink for that wasn’t in my kitchen. Another reason the sink is the best part of the sink is for all my diy uses! It will add so much convenience to my life!
The Ruvati Drop-in Granite Sink:
How gorgeous is this sink?! The Ruvati epiGranite sink is an ideal choice for those looking for a durable and stylish sink option. It is made with 80% crushed natural granite, the sink offers a real stone look and extreme durability. The sink is also colored throughout, ensuring a rich and consistent look that will not fade. Additionally, the surface of the sink has been treated with aspecial treatment that makes it resistant to stains, bacteria, and temperatures up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit. The sink also comes with a strainer drain assembly that makes it easy to dispose of food waste. The sink is available in 8 different color options, from warm Caribbean Sand to elegant Black Galaxy, allowing you to choose a sink that truly reflects your personal style and taste.
Laundry Room Mood Board
Products Above Linked: Faucet | Sink | Knobs | Washer | Dryer | Door | Door Handle | Rug | Light | Laundry Room Decor
So, how can you update your laundry room for cheap? Here are some budget-friendly tips:
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for a space. Choose a light and neutral color to make the room feel larger and more open.
- Flooring: Laminate or vinyl flooring can be a great budget-friendly option. They are easy to install and come in a variety of colors and patterns. Or you can do DIY Cement Tiles that are going in our new space ( Come back next Thursday to Check out my complete guide to making your own tiles!)
- Hardware: If your cabinet hardware is outdated, consider purchasing new ones.
- Refresh your cabinet fronts: Either sand & stain or paint you cabinets a new fresh color! You could follow my guide to refinishing a dresser here which has similar steps if you are working with wood.
- Lighting: Replace outdated light fixtures with modern, energy-efficient options.
Decorating Your Laundry Space
Now that you know some ways to improve your laundry room on a budget, let’s talk about decorating. Decorating a laundry room on a budget can be tricky, but there are a few simple ways to make it happen.
- Organization: A clean and organized space is always more pleasant to be in. Invest in some storage solutions like shelving, hooks, and baskets to keep your laundry essentials in order.
- Decor: Add some personality to your laundry room with decor. Use items you already have, like picture frames or vases, or purchase budget-friendly decor items, such as wall art or a rug.
Decor Favorites Finds:
Organization Favorite Finds:
What order should you renovate a laundry room?
Let’s talk about the order of renovating a laundry room. Here is a suggested order of tasks:
- Plan and design the layout of your space.
- Remove any old or outdated fixtures and appliances.
- Paint the walls and install new flooring.
- Install new appliances and lighting.
- Add storage solutions and decor to the space.
Following these steps will ensure that the renovation process runs smoothly and that the final result is a functional and timesless laundry room.
A DIY laundry room makeover is an easy and budget-friendly way to update and improve your space. Having a beautiful, organized, and functional space that you’ll enjoy using is the best way to motivate yourself to keep up with the laundry, or at least that’s what I keep telling myself-haha. Use this post to inspire your next big home project & hopefully answer all your DIY laundry room questions! Shop this post below and check back to our new laundry room updates to learn how to install a sink, make your own diy tiles, install a new light fixtures & more!
New posts on the laundry room progress every Thursday. Sign up below to make sure you don’t miss a thing!
Leave a Reply