One of the projects that I did in the One Room Challenge with the Better Homes & Gardens I flipped a dresser that was stuffed away in my closet and made it into the center piece of my room.
It had good bones but was just outdated and too bulky for the space…
This is the before…
I wanted it to have a cleaner lines, lighter look so I got to work by taking it all the way to the studs. I made a reel over on my instagram where you can watch the whole process but I will walk you through it here too!
- I detached the top part and the bottom part (as well as the knobs)
- I then sanded down the drawers, and sides
- I built new legs from scratch out of 2 by 2s
- I added a 1 by 2 trim on the top and bottom
- Then attached the new legs
- Then attached a new top made out of a 1by 12 connected togeter
- Stained it in a whitewash and natural oak color
- spray painted the existing knobs black and then rubbed and buffed it